Friday, September 12, 2008

More art while waiting for Ike



Here’s another cypress knee. This one’s painted as a Santa and called When Presents Run Amuck.

We’re still holding our breath here, waiting for Ike. We’re ten hours from landfall, yet waves are already pounding the Texas and Louisiana coast, according to TV. Cargo planes fly overhead regularly, bringing patients to our area from hospitals near the coast. Roads are packed. Stores are packed. And my mother-in-law wants to go out to eat tonight at her favorite restaurant.

We’ll see.






2 comments:

  1. My initial reaction to this particular artistic expression of yours was that it calls to mind
    Inuit carvings...it's impressive and
    nice just to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!!!!!!! I love it! Thanks for looking at my art blog. I hope I don't disappoint you. I'm kind of sporadic with my art.

    Roses are very difficult and I really struggle with them! That picture I showed you of the roses I did is the only time I've really done them where I was happy.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion doesn't count, but I'd like to know what it is anyway! Please leave a comment!