Saturday, September 13, 2008

I like Ike...NOT!

The horizonal pines in the background of this picture are in my daughter's back yard in Houston. The uprooted trees used to reach 80-feet into the sky. Now they lean precariously into an oak tree and dangle over the neighbor's house.

The downed trees do answer the age-old question: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it still make a noise?

The answer is no, because none of my kiddos woke up when the trees came down.

This picture was taken with Code Woman's cell phone when the sun started to come up. They've been without power for twelve hours now and miss media coverage more than air conditioning. When authorities release them to travel, they'll come up here to Bryan until their electricity comes back on. Which might be out for two weeks or so. Bringing their two big dogs. One of which hates me and my little dogs.

I'm glad I don't have an "I like Ike" button among my collectibles!

2 comments:

  1. Victoria Stillwell recommends chicken bits to ingratiate yourself with a dog who doesn't appreciate you for all your great qualities.
    (My current favorite tv show is
    It's Me Or The Dog. Stillwell works
    wonders with awful dogs & worse
    owners. I hope the situations are
    not set-ups. I'm a believer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all made it through. May the family reunion be enjoyed by all (even the canine).

    ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion doesn't count, but I'd like to know what it is anyway! Please leave a comment!