Monday, October 1, 2012

Come be my guest!


Last year my friend Renee gave me four of these chairs. Three had severe caning problems as well as joint issues. 


So I decided to take two of them and make a chairbench to use as a luggage holder in one of the guest bedrooms.


I wish I could say it was as easy as it looks! Maybe if I had two more hands or a helper it would have gone smoother but I finally got the frame done. 

This would make a great pallet wood project but I used the wood from the frame of a futon which Renee and I had found on one of our garage sale runs.


So I filled in all the recessed screw holes...


...and painted the whole thing Annie Sloan's Primer Red...


...just in time for weekend company!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it could double as a bench for extra seating, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Char! You are just too creative and handy with those tools.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion doesn't count, but I'd like to know what it is anyway! Please leave a comment!