Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Like a Phoenix

Just like the song says, what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours.

When we last left the McDebt McMansion site Monday evening, this was our view - a nice slab of concrete with some iron work for porches.



What we were greeted with upon arrival Tuesday evening made me gasp with pleasure. The McDebt McMansion, like a phoenix, rises!


In one day - ONE DAY - the whole first floor sprang into the air, although I doubt if the crew that worked on it in the 100 degree heat felt it went up so easily!

Here Juan McDebtor enters the back door for the first time...


...to view his land through the newly-formed front windows...

...and back ones.



And as the sun sets outside of one of the great room's windows (dramatic, huh?), Juan and I marvel at the whirling thoughts and ideas chockablock (my word for the day) in our brains as we dare plan for the unknown future.



Through the combined good fortune of my sister from Denver finding this lovely property and the new neighbors becoming loving friends AND our building contractor, Juan McDebtor and I indeed feel blessed.


4 comments:

  1. Your new house is going to be beautiful. You deserve that! I'm so jealous of all your wide open spaces and land. Out here, we PAY for the great weather. Our houses are on postage stamp size. But I can't give up the beach. Hope you are doing well. It was nice to see your post this morning.

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I've lived by your beach and it is very lovely. I don't blame you for staying in Cali,plus that award-winning business you have going for you. But if you need to get away from those grandchildren for awhile - like say to go to an antique show near her - I'll save a bedroom for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely views, especially the last one. Hope to see more photos as work progresses. Congratulations to you and Juan on your new home. Wonderful to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Falls County,
    Delighted to see you back lady. Hope to see you at Writers soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion doesn't count, but I'd like to know what it is anyway! Please leave a comment!