Friday, May 22, 2009

Tote that barge! Lift that bale!
And do it with Forearm Forklifts!

Because I haul home heavy junk stuff, I have a set of As Seen On TV Forearm Forklifts! I used them just the other evening when I hauled back to my lair this primitive, old wardrobe that my friend Ruthie gave me.



Now, before you go thinking that Ruthie is such a dear for giving this wardrobe to me, remember that she is moving and the wardrobe is very heavy! She just didn't want to move it herself so she kept calling friends until some sucker (me) accepted the "gift"!



Big! Heavy! Old! No, not the husband. The wardrobe.


But I did mention to her a long time ago that I liked it so maybe she did call me first! Thank you, Ruthie!



This is how you use the Forearms. The grimace on my face is a reenactment but the lifting is real.


With a little bit of work and some furniture wax, I've got decorative storage. Stay tuned but don't hold your breath. It might take me a while!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, we have a pair of those too! There is only one little problem when C.D. and I work together...he's 6' and I am 5'2". The load tends to be a little awkward if you catch my drift!
    BTW, are you moving the wardrobe or making love to it? Just thought I'd ask...from your expression I couldn't tell.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love antiques too. As a kid my parents would drive us all over New England (I'm from Boston originally) going to antique shows, etc.

    Where in the world did you find those things????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Cher! As you know, around here we are always movin stuff both at home and the store. And antiques are heavy, or as Riley would say, "really hebby"! I LOVE the reenactment pose, "hebby"

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy! I thought I'd come on over and check YOU out since we both like popcorn and Deb didn't ask us to go with her! hehe LOVE that wardrobe! I'm on the look-out for some old dressers to organize all my artist crap! Have FUN cleaning it up or whatever YOU have planned for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous! Would love to find something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made melaugh again and once again I needed it!

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think those forearm lift thingys would really work well, hmmm...Maybe this single mom needs a pair... And that wardrobe is to die for. If you ever decide to get rid of it, please call me first! lol

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion doesn't count, but I'd like to know what it is anyway! Please leave a comment!